Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Book Review: Deception Point

Dan Brown again! I read his other books, The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons in that order and finally got around to this one. I have to say that his books are good for a page turner and a quick and easy read. That is good because they are a bit like an action adventure movie with more action than character development or other literary aspects. There are a lot exciting plot twists which you come to expect with his writing and start to predict after getting to know his style. Apparently there is one other book by him that I could read, Digital Fortress, but by now I may be able to completely predict the entire book's worth of plot twists so I am not sure it will be worth it. So I will probably wait a while before I go after that one once I finish my reading list (which is pretty long). Anyway this one is about a scientific discovery that comes at a critical time during a presidential election, and the details of the discovery could have a dramatic effect on the election as well as the world of science in general. So if you like science, you might actually see all the holes in his scientific events and descriptions and therefore may not be all that gripped by it, but if you can just enjoy it however far-fetched it may be, it is an exciting ride.

No comments: