Monday, February 2, 2009

Snow Day in Stansted

It is officially a snow day here in Stansted. In fact, many of the schools around the area are closed today. Both of my in-laws and Tim were off school today due to the snow. I have to say that we are lucky, because normally in this little snow we would have probably just had a delayed opening back at home if anything depending on the area. So we were able to go out for a snowy walk and take tons of pictures and video footage in the beautiful snow. I better soak it up now, because this amount of snow is very rare I am told. So I hope we have the chance to take a few more shots later one today. The great thing is that everything here is already so quaint that when it gets covered in snow it is even more quaint that things usually get back at home. I will post some more pictures to follow this post so you can see what I mean. But, some of the funny things are one: people are not shoveling anything, two: no one has dusted off their cars mainly because they don't think the snow will last at all and there has never been a need to clear the snow before it freezes. It is very funny, and I am slightly worried we will have a sheet of ice all on our driveway and all the sidewalks on our roads by tomorrow. The world does seem to stop at the first sign of snow here, and it seems no one is intending to leave their house until the thaw. Ha. I can't imagine leaving it until the thaw back at home due to the fact that it may not fully happen until March! But they are certain it will thaw, and if it doesn't they just won't get out until it does! No one in NJ would be able to get away with that. We would have to get back to work the next day for sure! Well anyway, we are going to enjoy our snow day today and have some hot cocoa and watch movies! I have one thing to say to Elise, but first I need to squeeze her cheeks: squeezing: Now Elise, you know what you have to say........"Let it shnooOow!"

No comments: