Monday, March 9, 2009

Job Offer

Well, without further ado, I would like to admit that I have been offered a job. I am currently in the process of "pre-employment" as they call it because I am waiting for my salary approval and also for my criminal background check to be completed. This, they tell me, may take a long time, so I am still waiting. But, this does mean that I have a job at the end of the tunnel, finally! What a relief! Now, it's just a matter of time until I can actually work, and meanwhile i can enjoy the free time I have left to do other things like work on my craft stuff and read some books etc. I am definitely looking forward to actually working in a real job again, but part of me wonders how much I would have forgotten and how long it will take me to get back into the swing of things. We shall see. So my new job, is working as a Speech Therapist for the National Health Service (NHS) so it's a government job. I am working with children and am based at a health clinic but will travel to different schools to see children there. I have no idea what it will be like other than that, but the team that I will be working on is good. They all seem nice, especially my line manager. So I am looking forward to making friends with all of them soon. So my guess is that by my birthday I should have started working, which would be great, because Tim and I are looking to move out over the summer and I need to have a pay check to show someone in order to get a mortgage. Tim is also interviewing for jobs in September which is good and he is hoping to find something suitable soon. It seems like things are looking up now in a lot of directions.

No comments: