Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cambridge Market

Yesterday I went to the market in Cambridge with my mother-in-law. It was really cool. They have a much larger market than we have in Bishop's Stortford and I was able to get some more rare veggies that I was missing. I also grabbed a few Christmas gifts while I was there. both of us got bargains at the book stand because the guy was selling practically new books (which we new because they had just come out recently) and we got them at book stand prices i.e. £2 for a hardback and £1.50 for a paperback. We were very happy about that. We also found out a very interesting tidbit of information about the town called Grimsby (which the fish seller told us not grim at all). The word Grimsby actually stand for Great Rimsby, and "rimsby" means small town by the sea. How interesting, so I told the fish seller I would put it in my blog, and here it is. Along with the market shopping we of course when to have coffee in a cafe and had a nice chilly walk around the town a bit. I liked shopping in Cambridge. I think it will be my new Montclair! The only thing is, I may have to take a train and then a bus to get around there if I try to go alone. We shall see, and maybe I can convince someone else to come with me who can drive.

1 comment:

Hermanita said...

that place is fabulous! I remember I loved Cambridge too, but that outdoor market is soo the reason to live in Europe (and yes, tell them that the U.K. is not its own continent and is indeed part of Europe).
Ah Candleshoe!