Sunday, October 5, 2008

Trip to Horsham to Visit Grandma




Yesterday I went to my mother-in-law to visit her mother in Horsham. Tim and his dad were at Barnet, so we went to help Grandma with her shopping and went to the house and gardens pictured here called Nyman's. First we did the shopping in the outdoor market where I got a nice spelt loaf of bread and a gluten free chocolate cake as well as a bunch of kale. It was very exciting! It was a pretty wet day by the time we got to Nyman's, but we went anyway. It was a nice visit and Grandma made us lunch of shepherd's pie and baked apples for dessert (with custard), but I actually didn't have the custard because it has milk and sugar in it. It was so cold in Grandma's house though, and she didn't even feel that it was cold. We were freezing, and we had to turn up the heat so we could warm up a bit. She doesn't feel the cold because she was used to so long of being in the war and not having enough heating etc. so needless to say I will have to remember to just wear more clothing to Grandma's (I always seem to forget that especially at Christmas). Oh yes, and I did try the chocolate cake, and it was pretty good.

No comments: