Sunday, October 19, 2008

Garden Centers

Apparently garden centers are very popular in this country. I have been to a few so far (with my mother-in-law), and they all seem to have a little cafe and are very touristy I guess. The truth is that all the little old ladies and gentlemen like to go there to have a little walk around the garden centers and buy some plants and have a little lunch or cup of tea. It is thus very popular with the older generation of this country. So this particular picture was taken on Thursday at Van Hage's which is a Dutch garden center (which can be guessed by the name). We love the Dutch. Well, along with the garden center and very nice shop, they also had a tiny little wildlife sanctuary. They had some birds, rabbits, goats, and even some meercats. It was very nice. This is a naturally occurring shape of this type of shrub I am told. I think they call it the bronto-shrub or something. Anyway along with the garden center that day I also went to Hertford as in "In Hertford, Hereford and Hampshire, hurricanes hardly ever happen." to meet with a director of speech and language therapy about the field and possible employment opportunities. That was very good, and hopefully we will be able to work something out as soon as my paperwork arrives.

No comments: