Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hatfield Forest

Hatfield Forest is one of the many great National Trust places that I can go to in my new car. It's about 10 minutes away from the house and there are lots of lovely trees and a nice lake with plenty of places to walk around and take pictures of the wildlife. The National Trust is an organization that is responsible for the care and restoration of old fashioned stately homes and gardens for tourism. People can go and visit the stately homes and gardens and have coffee and soup and sandwiches and cakes in the cafe. Since my mother-in-law is a member of The National Trust, she has a card that gets her or us (if we take them with us) into these places for free. It is one of the many activities I will be taking advantage of now that I can drive. Don't you love the tree?

No comments: