Monday, January 19, 2009

Poetry Frozen in Time

As Emily Dickinson said, "Poetry is life distilled." Well, at the moment if you distilled my life then you would get this (my first poem written in England).

dungeon
of cavernous damp
the mold of old years
corroding me
like a plague
I can't cure.

then suddenly
there is a stirring,
stinging in my feet
my knees though weak
wish to spring forward
to run, but where?

can't move
almost out of air
what if this is my last breath?

By: Marissa Grace Pajot (my pen name)
circa November 2008

Those thoughts are now frozen in time just like my photo of the frosted branch. There is nothing I can do but look at that picture of my life at that moment and know that, sometimes that is just the way things are. Sorry for those of you who were hoping for something fun and happy this time. I hope to do more soon. Maybe I will write something else that is not so depressing. Maybe.

No comments: