Thursday, November 20, 2008

Anything Goes (with the in-laws!)

Last night, we all went the Harlow Playhouse to watch Anything Goes. Tim, me and the in-laws all sitting in the second row with a great view of the stage. I have actually performed in this show before so I knew all the lines and scenes and was comparing everything in my head. This production was very well done and much more professional than the one I did, but nonetheless I thought I could have probably played my old part better then the actress who did it this time. That is just a load of overconfidence I am sure though. Ah actors! We always think we can do something better or we are determined to try to beat the next person in something theatrical. It is not unlike healthy sports competition I don't think. Well, we had a nice time, and I am hoping to join the group that performed it which meets in Bishop's Stortford so it is very convenient. The best thing is that next year's production at the Harlow Playhouse is My Fair Lady! Is that not a perfect part for me or what? I hope I get it! But I better join first so they get to know me because I am sure there are a lot of politics involved as always. One thing is for sure, I will definitely have plenty of help in practicing the correct authentic cockney accent! I can certainly help them all with their American ones after what I saw last night. They weren't bad, but could definitely use some dialect coaching form an expert in more ways than one!

No comments: