Thursday, November 13, 2008

Boxes, Boxes, Boxes



We are in various stages of organization around here. Although I have nothing else to do but organize and make Christmas presents, I have actually been busy with all of that as well as helping Tim with his papers etc. so that the organization is still not entirely complete. At the moment, this is the state of the kitchen. I have actually (after Tim and I worked hard to bring them all in, mostly Tim) gone through each one and labeled what is outside to help us better prepare them for re-wrapping (if needed) especially for the books and the pictures in frames etc. We don't want all the damp of England to seep into our cherished memories both figuratively and literally! So I have found pretty much everything I need so far including the long lost lonely shoe separated from its mate for the entire journey as it seems they slept in separate boxes. I have located most of my craft things which is handy and also the books (although I have yet to actually lay eyes on all the books to see which ones are urgently needed or too dearly loved to leave in the garage). I fear that I will want to have everything with me all the time, but that is not necessarily good or even at all possible so it will be a sad and difficulty process to determine what goes back in the garage and what stays with us. The only little teeny problem is that I have not yet found my address book which contains (as you can imagine) all the important addresses that I need to send out Christmas cards etc. So the hunt is still on for that! If you have no faith in me, and really want a Christmas card, feel free to send me your address to be sure you get one!

No comments: