Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gifts from Home


Well, I have been enjoying a little bit of mom from far away recently. She sent me some candles and some fall coasters so I put them out on the conservatory table and light them for some ambiance with my hubby when no one else is around. I have enjoyed doing that. I also recently received some pictures from my grandparents from the party we had before we left and a little of the cousins and everyone in CT. It was nice but also bittersweet knowing I won't be seeing them this Christmas. I hope I will not be too sad away from home this year. The last 2 times I have spent Christmas in England I have been technically taking up my permanent residence in NJ, so this time I can tell it will feel different. I am looking forward to enjoying my first Christmas as a UK resident though, so it should be fun to see the differences in how they build up to the holiday and all of that. So far I have started to collect and make some Christmas presents just because I know it will take a while if I have to actually make things for people. I am hoping it will all work out right, and that I may actually get to start work at The Body Shop sometime before Christmas to maybe help me top off the gift pile I am making. But as always, it will not be the Christmas season until after Thanksgiving for me! Though the Brits don't have that Black Friday to start them off, and the stores are already starting the festive decorations. We shall see if Christmas in England is as I imagine it like A Christmas Carol or not!

No comments: