Saturday, November 15, 2008

Freecycle

I have joined the Bishop's Stortford Freecycle group which has been pretty good. So far I have only received things, but probably I will end up giving things away if I don't have time to drop them off at a charity shop instead. Anyway, this is one of the great finds I have acquired. Although you usually don't get to see pictures of stuff before you get it on freecycle, this person actually posted one which was an added bonus. It is a cat design trivet which now sits on the kitchen table and we use it every night to put hot food on when we eat dinner. It is very handy and kind of cute too. Among the other things I have gotten are a black bag which holds a lot of stuff, an old lady style coat (which I am hoping to turn into a bag since it is hound's tooth and might look nice), plastic bags for crocheting from a very nice girl who is also crafty and that is it I think. Well, the good thing here is that freecycle doesn't go so fast around here. Back at home, I used to ask for stuff that was offered and it was usually already spoken for. Mind you, it was great to get rid of stuff because when I posted it, I was bound to get a few bites within the first few minutes. Everything there was just a faster pace. Here, since it is a bit more relaxed, I can really have a shot at getting some of the good stuff. Long may it continue!

No comments: